In the event of a consumer dispute, defined in accordance with the provisions of Law no. 144/2015, of September 8, the consumer may resort to an Alternative Dispute Resolution Body with jurisdiction in the place of his domicile or, in in case of non-existence, may alternatively use the National Center for Consumer Conflict Information and Arbitration (CNIACC).
This information does not exempt the consultation of Law No 144/2015 of 8 September and Regulation (EU) No 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013.
In case of consumer litigation what alternative dispute resolution entities can the consumer appeal to?
- CNIACC – National Center for Consumer Conflict Information and Arbitration
- CIAB – Consumer Information, Mediation and Arbitration Center / Consumer Arbitration Court – Braga and Viana do Castelo
- CACCVA – Arbitration Center for Consumer Conflicts of Vale do Ave / Arbitral Tribunal
- CICAP – Center of Information, Consumption and Arbitration of Porto
- CACCDC – Center for Arbitration of Consumer Conflicts of the District of Coimbra
- CACCL – Lisbon Consumer Conflict Arbitration Center
- CIMAAL – Consumer Information, Mediation and Arbitration Center of the Algarve
- ERSE – Energy Services Regulatory Authority
- More information on Consumer Portal